Kevin McCabe brings an extensive record of accomplishment in the public and private sectors to Ickes Enright McCabe.
Wynton Marsalis, American Icon and Executive Director of Jazz@Lincoln Center
Kevin McCabe is the best of New York and our country. I have had the benefit of his friendship, industry and wise counsel for over 25 years. He knows the intricacies of the political, social and financial life of our city as a citizen, leader and enlightened policy advocate. Even broader than his extensive knowledge and expertise is the size of his heart. He looks like a veteran boxer but he’s really a tenacious and effective fighter on behalf of all of us.
At a Glance
- Chief of Staff, New York City Council
- Assistant Commissioner of Health, New York City Government
- Special Interim Administrator, Office of Chief Medical Examiner
- Special Assistant, Chancellor of the Board of Education
- Deputy Director of Citywide Programs for Children with Special Needs
- Director of Operations, New York City Districting Commission
- Senior Strategist and Manager, Peter Vallone's Campaign for Governor
- Senior Strategist, David Dinkins' Campaign for Mayor
- Senior Advisor, Bill DeBlasio Campaign for NYC Council Speaker
- Director, NYC 2012, USOC Official Olympic Bid
- BA, St. Francis College, Brooklyn, NY
- Graduate, Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems, Georgetown University
Kevin has deep experience in the politics and government of New York City. He served as Chief of Staff to the New York City Council where he was responsible for the day-to-day operation of the 51-member legislative body. As Chief of Staff, he was responsible for the development, implementation and management of all legislative, political, land use and fiscal policies under Speaker Peter Vallone. Kevin also served as the senior negotiator with the Mayor and his staff of the annual $80 billion NYC budget on behalf of the Council.
Kevin has held a number of senior management positions in NYC government including Assistant Commissioner of Health; Special Interim Administrator of the Office of Chief Medical Examiner; Special Assistant to the Chancellor of the Board of Education; and Deputy Director of Citywide Programs for Children with Special Needs. Additionally, Kevin served as the Director of Operations for the NYC Districting Commission.
In addition to his extensive governmental experience, Kevin has held senior positions in a number of citywide and New York statewide political campaigns, including senior strategist and manager of Peter Vallone’s upset Democratic nomination for Governor; a senior strategist of David Dinkins’ successful campaign as the City’s first Black Mayor; political director for Mayor Dinkin’s reelection campaign; senior advisor to Mayor Bill de Blasio in his previous campaign for NYC Council Speaker. Nationally, Kevin served in the presidential campaigns of Bill Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry. He has close relations with a number of the New York congressional delegation.
Born and raised in New York City, Kevin has a BA from St. Francis College, Brooklyn, New York, and is a graduate of the Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems at Georgetown University, Washington, DC.